Saint Gregory the Great Parish School encourages the enrollment of new students at all grade levels.
We welcome all students and their families!
- Children must be 6 years old to be admitted to the 1st grade unless he or she is 6 years old by September 1st in the year he or she proposes to enter school.
- Children must be 5 years old to be admitted to 5 year-old-kindergarten unless he or she is 5 years old by September 1st in the year he or she proposes to enter school.
- Children must be 4 years old to be admitted to 4 year-old-kindergarten unless he or she is 4 years old by September 1st in the year he or she proposes to enter school.
The parish/school respects the parents as primary educators of their children and provides opportunities in an atmosphere that reinforces the educational and formational priorities occurring within the home environment. Parents freely choose to share their parental authority and responsibility for the education and formation of their children with the parish/school community in a cooperative relationship.
The parish/school respects the dignity of the child. Neither race, nationality, nor other forms of discrimination shall prevent a child from being accepted in the Catholic school.
(5110 Archdiocese of Milwaukee; Policy adopted: 11/12/74; Rev. 4/2/90)
Registration for the up-coming school year begins in late January or early February of that year. Parents of students attending St. Gregory the Great Parish School will be notified about registration through school communications. Registration will also be announced through the Parish Bulletin. Specific information concerning registration is communicated on a yearly basis. Registration packets are available through the school office. Requirements for registration are stated in the annual registration packet.
Parish Tuition Angel Scholarship Fund
St. Gregory the Great Parish has a tuition scholarship fund. Families needing tuition assistance may apply for assistance through this fund. The Scholarship Committee on an annual basis reviews applications and assistance is provided upon the determinations made by this committee. Scholarships are granted according to financial need. Information about the Parish Tuition Angel Scholarship Fund is available in the school office.
St. Gerard Scholarship Fund
Students attending St. Gregory the Great Parish School are eligible to receive assistance through the Archdiocesan St. Gerard Scholarship Fund. Funds are awarded from The Catholic Community Foundation- St. Gerard Association Endowed Scholarship Fund. For more information about this grant opportunity, please go to www.legaciesoffaith.org. Applications for scholarships through this fund are available in spring. Scholarships are granted according to academic performance and service given to school and/or parish. St. Gerard Scholarships are available through the school office during a time period specified by the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
All financial matters regarding tuition are to be handled through the parish business manager, not the principal or the parish priest.
School choice information is available from the school office.
- Open enrollment for School Choice children takes place during designated times, selected each year. Notification will be in the school newsletter.
- Eligibility requirements are based on income and you must reside in the City of Milwaukee. Documentation of finances, the child’s dependency and residential eligibility must be provided when the Choice application is submitted.
Parents or guardians enrolling students for the Choice program should direct any questions to St. Gregory the Great Parish School at 414-321-1350.
New Student Policy
All students new to the school are on probation during the first year of their attendance. New students will be tested at the onset of the new school year or at the time of admittance.
Approved 4-20-83 - Revised 11-2010- School Commission